Old May 7th 09, 11:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

Default Dvd-rom Not recognized

Many of us that support many different newsgroups delete a lot of threads in
order to conserve disk capacity than you for posting the problem
description.
Have you checked the HP Website for updated Vista 64 drivers for your
computer?

"ScottH" wrote in message

It's posted at the beginning of the thread. Here it is again to make it
easier.

I can't get my laptop to recognize my dvd burner. I read earlier
threads about deleting the upper and lower filters in the registry but,
I can't find those filters in the registry file. What am I doing wrong?

running Vista Ultimate 64 w/ SP1
HP Pavillion DV-6768se
4 gigs ram
AMD Turion 64 X2 2.0 GHZ