Old May 14th 09, 04:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Abubakar[_3_]

Default Vista crashing, I need a way to know whats wrong

Hi,

My vista crashed 2 times today. This is probably the first time since
december 2007 when I bought my laptop with Vista. I know the usual question
would be to check if I installed some new drivers or any hardware device but
thats not the case as far as I know. Its a Vista Ultimate system, with a cor
2 duo 2.ghz, 2gb ram, wifi etc. The first time it crashed today was with a
blue screen with the usual bsod stuff printed on it (I know it can be
different stuff written there but right now I dont know the exact stuff
other than 'check for new hardware installation' msg). i was running visual
studio 2005 doing asp.net development with it. The second time when it
crashed it hanged and the computer made one beep sound, but no bsod, the
computer just didnt reply, and here also I was debugging something in
asp.net in vs 2k5.

Is there any software that that provide me some information that may help me
find out exactly whats wrong? Some internal diagnostic software that maybe
ships with vista?

regards.