Old May 19th 09, 07:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Cmass

Default Cannot delete a file saved to my desktop

Finally, a strange solution, one that saved me very recently: try to
delete the file, and wait for the "recycling" window to appear. While
it's up, press CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up the Task Manager. Disable the
task explorer.exe and wait a moment; your desktop will disappear.
Reinable explorer.exe (click File, New Task, and type explorer.exe) and
your desktop will reappear. Right-click the desktop and choose refresh
(just to be sure). Now try to delete the file again. It worked for me!This was a very creative approach! And the only one after 2 days of

searching that got the job done.

But it only worked 50% of the way for me. There is still the little
problem of getting it out of the recycling bin once it is gone from the
folder. I tried emptying the recycling bin but it froze again. So, I
followed the same instructions again within the recycling bin folder and
it appears to finally be gone.

But still, I wish someone in MS knew what the hell is causing this
bizarre nonsense and actually FIX the problem.

Thanks for your time in figuring this out!

--
Cmass