Old May 21st 09, 04:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jim in Spokane

Default Getting Programs to Work Using Old Hard Drive

I have a new eMachine D620-5133, Model No. MS2257, which is made by Acer.
The operating system is Window Vista Home Basic SP-1 and it has a 32-bit
operating system. I connected the hard drive from my old Dell with Windows
98 to my new computer. I used an Airlink101 3.5” USB 2.0 SATA/IDE HDD
Enclosure, Model AEN-U35SE to make the connection. I am able to access the
files on the old hard drive, but the programs don’t work. The whole point
was to be able to use MS Word in the old format, rather than the new format,
which looks completely different. Other programs don’t work, either. What
can I do to make them work? Does anybody have any idea how to solve my
problem?