Old May 25th 09, 01:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

Default Burner Problem

What I do not understand is how come the burning even started if the cause
of not being able to finalize is as you posted:

"This can occur when your computer incorrectly detects the drive as a
non-recordable
device.."

"Peter Foldes" wrote in message
Curious

Also we do not really know if "The C" is or is not a MVP since MVPs can
elect that they not be listed in the MVP listing available to the public,

Take it from me and others that ( The C ) he is not an MVP. And oh yes. My
advice was good since the OP posted the following ( "it doesn't have any
problems until it finalizes the cd"). The MS KB you posted does not apply
since the OP can start the burn without issues and go through to the
finish but has problems finalizing it. Read the post correctly next time
out.

BTW the advice that "The C " gave to use another burner software is not
the answer here
--
Peter

"Curious" wrote in message
tyanak,
Here is a MS link to the problem on XP with recognizing optical drives.
It appears that Peter has quoted most of it for your problem on Vista
even though you have no problem recognizing the drives since the writing
starts