Old May 28th 09, 10:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Clive in Kent

Default ATI AIW TV

Hi guys,

When I upgraded to Vista from XP I was very disappointed that it wouldn't
recognize the TV tuner on my ATI X800 All-in-Wonder graphics card. Even more
****ed when I saw that ATI had no intention of issuing any Vista drivers to
support the TV capability on the card. However I accepted it and have learnt
to live without the TV tuner.

Had a pleasant surprise this week when I installed the Nero 8 Home
Essentials software suite that came with my new DVD writer. The TV software
on here recognised the both the analogue and digital TV tuners on the ATI
card and managed to tune in to all available stations. However when I tried
to view a ny station I get a message saying that I need to purchase the
Nero DVD-Video plug-in to view mpeg format!

Just need advice that if I spend the 18 GBP for this plug-in then I will be
able to view from the TV tuner without any other driver needed??

TIA

Clive in Kent (GB)