Old May 31st 09, 02:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jtreshan

Default Printer Driver for Dell A10 962 All-in-one

From what I could glean from searching the Internet and the Dell home
page, there is a solution to the problem of trying to use a Dell printer
with a computer using Vista, but Dell is not going out of their way to
furnish the required software to everyone who bought a Dell printer.
Anyway, you can visit the Dell site (the technical support area), search
for your Dell printer, and gain access to the files you need to fix the
problem. Essentially what you do is to use one program to uninstall all
the Dell software from your computer (also physically disconnect the
printer and remove it from the hardware manager if it's still shown
there). Then, with a clean system, use the driver file from the Dell
website to load the proper Vista driver for your printer (make sure the
driver file you download agrees with your version of Vista (32 or 64
bit). I downloaded three files for a Dell 962, for a friend of mine
whose printer is having all kinds of problems. Supposed to fix it later
today, so I don't have all the details; however, the first file I will
run takes off the Dell software and also includes a patch of some kind.
Then there is a driver file, and finally another application, which I
assume is the rest of the software needed to manage that printer (tools,
etc.)

--
jtreshan