Old June 1st 09, 03:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John Barnett MVP[_3_]

Default Dual Boot Instructions

You might like to take a look at this link from my website:
http://www.winuser.co.uk/windows_vis...g_vista.htm l

Upgrading to Windows 7 shouldn't be a problem because it will check for
other operating systems and add them to the BCDedit bootloader.

Sadly all Virtual Machine software suffer the problem you describe because
they use only virtual drivers. I've installed XP on VMware Workstation
(sadly this application isn't free) and it suits my needs even with the
restricted desktop size, simply because I only use it to check out any
problems that users are having.

John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://www.winuser.co.uk
Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

mail/post..

"DavidG" wrote in message
Hi
I'm wanting to create a dual boot for my PC. I would like to use 2
separate
HDDs. One HDD has Vista Business (current) and the other proposed HDD
will
have XP. I would like to locate some good user-friendly instructions on
how
to do this by downloading from a web site, or maybe someone on the group
has
a set of instructions. Could someone assist please? Is there a good site
on
this topic?

I have tried Virtual PC 2007 but I cannot get the screen to enlarge to any
extent. Full screen mode fails every time I try it. Anyway, I figure the
twin HDDs would be the cleanest way to go. One more thing, I plan on
upgrading the Vista installation to Windows 7 when released, would there
be
issues with the dual boot when installing Win 7??
Thanks