Old June 8th 09, 10:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

Default Change floppy drive assignment from B: to A:

M Skabialka,
Does your BIOS show a floppy drive connected and enabled?

"propman" wrote in message
M Skabialka wrote:
There isn't a floppy drive in Disk Management on my Vista Ultimate
computer either, which is why I posed the question here!
Mich

Just a thought here........

Cut and pasted from "Windows Help and Support":

quote on

Microsoft Management Console: standard and optional snap-ins
This topic provides you with information about the common administration
and troubleshooting tasks and tools associated with Microsoft Management
Console (MMC) and MMC snap-ins.

Common tasks

Useful tools

Downloads

Deployment

Operations

Technical reference

Common tasks
Some MMC snap-ins require elevated privileges to function properly.

To open MMC with elevated privileges, click Start, click All Programs,
click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and then point to Run as
administrator. In the command prompt that opens, type mmc.exe.

Some MMC snap-ins are only available after certain additional features
have been installed.

To install additional features
Open Control Panel and click Programs.

In Installed Programs, click Turn on or off Windows features. If the User
Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is
what you want, and then click Continue.

Select the checkboxes for features you want to install. (Clear checkboxes
for features you want to uninstall.)

Click OK.

Useful tools
This section describes the Microsoft Web site downloads and tools
associated with this version of Windows that help you configure and manage
MMC and snap-ins.

Disk Management

snipped for brevity

quote off