Old January 25th 07, 03:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Waistcoat

Default DVD-RW drive crashes Vista (or is it OneCare?)

I've a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 105 ATA Device (apparently...) in my computer. I
have various video files that I've saved to DVD Roms/ RWs. when I try to play
straight from the disk, explorer hangs, then the whole of Vista shuts down.
I've tried various disks, and the same thing keeps happening.

When I put a disk in the drive, then open it from Computer, the breadcrumb
list at the top (or whatever it's called) slowly goes green from left to
right. I have waited until it gets to the end, but it doesn't help.

I've also installed Windows Live OneCare as my anti-virus software doesn't
support Vista yet, is that the problem??

I've tried searching for a better driver, but Vista tells me that I'm using
the best version.

Any help would be appreciated. I can give further details on my system if
needed.