Old June 11th 09, 01:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jon Wallace

Default 114 Gb hard drive missing!!!

It's possible that your restore disk has resized your partitions and for
whatever reason chose to use 26GB instead of the full 140GB.

Do you know if your restore disk actually went through a Windows setup or
just put an image onto the machine and then booted.

Right-click on 'Computer' and choose 'Manage'. Below 'Storage' go into
'Disk Management'. Have a look at your partitions here to see if you can
see the rest of your disk. If it's there but not part of your main
partition your probably going to have to resize it or create a second
partition to use the space.

Regards,
Jon

www.insidetheregistry.com

---

"speeddemon190" wrote in message

Well after a few years I decided to restore my laptop back to the
factory settings. So I backed up all my files onto a external hard
drive.

I put in the recovery disk, and restored it back to the original.

Here is the problem, When I bought it new my C drive was 140 GB. Now my
C drive is 26GB what happened and where did it all go?????

any advice?

--
speeddemon190