Old June 15th 09, 09:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tae Song

Default "HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

"John truong" John wrote in message
I have an HP dv 3000 laptop with vista home premium 32bit installed.
I bought a Microsoft blue tooth notebook mouse 8000 and installed it.
"hid data has stopped working".
then it ask me to close program.
I'm at a loss, can anyone help ?
"John Truong" Wrote:

"dreadpyrat" wrote:

Hi all,
I have an HP dv9700z laptop with Vista Ultimate 32bit installed.
I'm up to date all on all updates for Vista, including SP1.
I bought a Microsoft blue tooth notebook mouse 5000 and installed it.
It works fine except that as soon as it connects, I get this meesage:

"hid data has stopped working"

Then it asks me to close the program. The mouse still works however, up
until the next time I reboot. Then I have to repeat the installation all
over again.

I installed Intellipoint drivers as suggested on an HP laptop forum -
no fix
I searched Google and Microsoft's knowledge base...nothing.

I'm at a loss, can anyone help?

--
dreadpyrat

If you are using Broadcom's Bluetooth chip...

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

The installer will check to see if you are using their chip and if you are,
it will download the latest software and drivers.

If you're still having problems, send them a feedback. The contact
information/email address is on their webpage.