Old June 28th 09, 07:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
plus300

Default Programs still installed when partition was deleted

Hi, my laptop came partitioned with C(30GB)and D(190GB) and the C: has
been sitting at 88-90% full for a long time. Recently when I upgraded to
SP2, it told me that it needs at least 15% free for installation; so I
deleted all I can to make room(removed updates, messenger, office,
etc)...finally able to get to the 15% needed, successfully switching to
SP2. But the problem came after the upgrade, as I now only have about 9%
free and it gave me errors. So i searched around to see if I can expand
my C:, and found that the only way is to delete my D: partition first
and then extend my C:. So I did that and it worked perfectly. But I had
not remove/uninstall the programs installed on my D: before deleting the
partition. ( firefox, Comodo firewall, Avira antivirus was on D: and I
wasn't able to re-install them after wards. I was able to install
firefox after many attempts (had something to do with 7-zip). But when
it came to Comodo and Avira, I'm having trouble... windows security
still detects them as "ON" even though they have been wiped (not on
add/remove programs and nothing is in D) I also noticed that firefox
re-installed with all the add-ons I had previously, so now I am sure
that there is something in the C: ( maybe registry ) that is causing
this. But as I am no pro, I don't want to kill my computer. So, please
can someone help me on this...how can I remove a program completely when
the drive it was installed on is deleted. Help appreciated.

--
plus300