Old June 29th 09, 02:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Curious[_4_]

Default Vista Easy File Transfer and Windows 7 Upgrade

I used Easy Transfer when I installed Win7 RC1 and it worked for all of my
files. It does not however transfer any registry settings so all
applications have to be reinstalled.

"BillS22" wrote in message

Help me think this through.
If I decide to upgrade to Win 7 and do a clean install, could I use
Easy File Transfer to retain my Outlook, Web Settings and Files?

I have two internal hard drives, not raid, and an external eSATA drive.
All 3 are the same size, 500GB. So I think I have the resources, I just
don't want to lose data, favorites, contacts, files or emails.

Having never used Easy File Transfer, how should I proceed?
Store my easy transfere to my second HD "D", format C, install Win 7?

I guess I need to buy a version of Win 7 that will read my Vista Easy
File backup...duh... Is Win 7 Pro able to read Vista Easy File
Transfers?

I have two accounts on this computer, mine and my wife's, so there
another issue too.

Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks,
Bill