Old June 30th 09, 01:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

Default Lexmark driver won't install scanner driver

Do I understand you correctly that there are two drivers for your all in
printer, one for all functions but the scanner function and another driver
for the scanner functions?
Or is the "scanner driver" you refer to actually scanner application
software?
If you are able to download one and not the other then you possibly have
antivirus software that is blocking the second download.

"gllund" wrote in message
Well I actually talked to a rep for about 2 - 3 hours on the phone. He
tried
a his usual tricks but to no avail. What I am thinking is that there must
file on Windows OS that is corrupted or something like that that won't let
me
download the scanner driver.

"Curious" wrote:

If Lexmark support via e-mail does not have a solution to your problem
then
I don't think any of us here can help either especially if the Lexmark
unit
is not a current product.