Old June 30th 09, 03:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Victek

Default Computer Boots but Vista wont Start

No indication of any problems before this happened. No new hardware
added.

I shutdown Vista for the night and it stayed on "system shutting down"
screen so I manually shut it down.

Now when I try to start it the computer goes through the normal boot
and goes to the first Microsoft screen but stays there for awhile and
then goes blank. I have tried to get it going numerous times but same
results. Tried last know good configuration one time but didnt work.

Anyone have any ideas other than clean reinstall that I can try?

This is VIsta 64

Do you have the Vista DVD? Boot from it and run Startup Repair.