Old July 5th 09, 05:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Darryl Von Rokk

Default Unable to detect DVD device

Hi,

I recently purchased a Dell with Vista 64 bit. I have been watching
DVD's the past few days on it without any problems. I was able to watch
one this morning but when a put another one in I received the following
message: *Unable to detect DVD or DVD device on this computer*. This
computer has yet to be hooked up online, so nothing new has been added
or updated on it. I rebooted, as well as un/reinstalled the driver in
Device Manager, but neither has helped.

Thank you for any assistance that you may provide!

--
Darryl Von Rokk