Old July 5th 09, 11:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

Default Unable to detect DVD device

Yes it sounds like you have an early life drive failure or that the second
DVD you tried was damaged and did not sit in the tray correctly and
therefore damaged the drive heads.

"Darryl Von Rokk" wrote in message

Thank you for your reply. I did try removing the upper & lower filters,
as suggested by Microsoft, but I still get the same message. I am now
suspecting a hardware issue, as I am now hearing a clicking sound as the
DVD drive tries to start-up. Considering that I've only had this
computer for about a month, I'd hate to think that the DVD/CD drive has
completely stopped working and will need to be replaced....but that
appears the case.

--
Darryl Von Rokk