Print Spooler SubSystem

Old November 11th 07, 08:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Greg[_7_]

Default Print Spooler SubSystem

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and when I try to print to my printer I
get the following error message: Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and
was closed. My printer is a Canon PIXMA MP450 multifunction printer. Is there
a fix for this problem. Looked in the Knowledge Base articles but could not
find a fix for this particular problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old November 17th 07, 04:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Chris

I am having the same problem although my printer is an epson photo R 300 and
a photo R 320 , I know this doen`t help greg but it does mean it affects more
than 1 make of printer, both printers were working ok, just suddenly
developed this error, can anyone help PLEASE.

Old November 17th 07, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Greg

Glad I am not alone in this. Hopefully someone will be able to give us an
answer to this problem.

Old November 30th 07, 02:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
mmmgoodgravy

Hi Folks,

I'm on Vista 64 Home Premium and experiencing the same problems. Every
time I boot, I get an error saying Spooler Subsystem App has stopped
running. There are a number of threads out there detailing the steps to
clean the registry, remove drivers, remove internet print services,
etc., but none of these has worked for me.

I am, however, pretty sure how the problem started. I decided I'd
designate my HP LaserJEt1020 as a shared printer and try to print across
my local network from an older XP computer. That was all it took.
Nothing will print since on my Vista machine.

I'm thinking the next step is a registry cleaner, followed by a
reinstall of Vista. Really not looking forward to that, but manually
deleting registry entries for my printer, turning services on and off
manually, and reinstalling printer drivers has not solved this for me.
Anyone know of a good reg. cleaner app for 64 bit systems?

Hope M$ can get this addressed shortly. There's currently nothing to
be found in the knowledge base. Good luck, and please post back with
any solutions you discover.

Gravy

--
mmmgoodgravy
Old February 5th 10, 02:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
jezard

I have been testing this and have found that after my rebuild, the Adobe
Reader v9 was the last thing that I installed befor getting this error.
I performed a restore to the point before my adobe reader install and
was able to print. After my Adobe install, print spooler stopped when
trying to print.

Hope this helps.

--
jezard

Old February 8th 10, 09:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Fotobek

jezard;1645925 Wrote:
I have been testing this and have found that after my rebuild, the
Adobe
Reader v9 was the last thing that I installed befor getting this
error.
I performed a restore to the point before my adobe reader install and
was able to print. After my Adobe install, print spooler stopped when
trying to print.

Hope this helps.

--
jezard

I also try to test and my mind almost blow up

--
Fotobek

Old February 13th 10, 06:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
EvilOzzness

Anybody tried this? 'Error message when you try to install a network
printer on a Windows Vista-based computer: "Windows cannot
connect to the printer Operation could not be completed (error
0x0000000d)"' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947236)

I no longer get that annoying message on my Vista 32, so it must
work...

--
EvilOzzness