Old July 12th 09, 11:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Malke[_2_]

Default Partition Extern Harddisk Questionandhelp

Luxis4 wrote:

Hello

well i'm going to ask my questions first so i can get my help.
well i want to use my external hard disk on my Wii AND my computer
and it's like my backup harddisk so i got much backup on it
(pictures,files,...)
it's a 250 gb harddisk and 90 free gb and i wanna have 30 gb in another
format (WBFS, its for the wii ) and the other XX gb i want for my
computer backup.
so my first question, can i partition the HDD without deleting
everything on it?
so i just have 30 GB free for WBFS format. and the other for computer
(NTFS format)?? ( can i partition without delete every file ON the
Harddisk )

so if yes
i want to partition my External Hard disk to 30 FREE GB's WBFS Format
and 220GB with 60 free gb's (FORMAT NTFS)
SO HOW do i do that ? please make a small Tutorial or maybe find a
site with the tutorial for exactly what i need to.

You can partition the drive using third-party partitioning software such as
Acronis Disk Director, Gparted (Linux), or BootIT NG. If you have *crucial*
data on there, it would be wise to burn some DVDs first.

As for formatting WBFS, you will need to find the tutorial about using a
hard drive with the Wii. We just did it (only we used an old 40GB hard
drive I had lying around) and it was a bit finicky but not too hard. You'll
need to Google for something like "format hard drive for Wii".

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!