Old January 27th 07, 11:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Peter Meinl

Default CD burning hangs

I tried to burn a CD with some mp3 files on a Plextor PX-760A SATA burner
using Viste X86 RTM.
Vista seems to format the CD OK. After dropping the files the green progess
bar in the address bar progresses slower and slower. Even when I let it run
for hours the burning does not complete. I tried using CD-R and CD-RW.

The cancel dialog hangs. When I end it using task manager Vista Explorer
hangs. The only way out is a hard reset.

Any idead what could be wrong? Is Vistas built-in burning working for
anyone?

I installed DeepBuner freeware http://www.deepburner.com/ and it burned the
files within seconds.

BTW: Why does Vista format DVD-R(!) disks? At least this is what is tells me
when I enter an empty DVD-R and select it in Explorer?