Old July 15th 09, 09:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
lambfbbd

Default Puzzle - External HDD Disk Management Error

"R. C. White" wrote:

Hi, Mike.

shows a virtual disk service error, but the code has no associated

A "virtual" disk error? That doesn't sound like what you are trying for.
:^{

Is this with the disk connect to internal SATA cables? Or USB?

As I said, I have little or no experience except with internal HDDs, so I
hope someone with more experience with external drives will jump in here.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

"Mike311" wrote in message

Ok, I tried using diskpart to create partition primary on the disk. It
gave the same error: Diskpart has encountered an error: Incorrect
function. See system Event Log for more information. The event viewer
shows a virtual disk service error, but the code has no associated
interpretation on the microsoft website.

--
Mike311

same to me. as I used Vista 64 bit on my asus Z83 SV notebook with Sp1 and
Hotfix KB 950186, my external WD esata worked well. After installing SP2, the
ext disk is not recognized anymore. New esata driver from jmicron doesn't
help. I thought it is the problem of windows vista 64 bit sp2,
because on my other Notebook asus z96hm with windows 7 it works well. With
the Same jmicron driver.
So i think microsoft programmers and engineers are too busy preparing the
launch of windows 7. they don't care of windows vista anymore.
Vista is not a finished product. I am really regreting for buying a vista
ultimate license although it is only an upgrade from the home premium.