CD/DVD Drive Problems

Old November 13th 07, 01:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Alice

Default CD/DVD Drive Problems

Hi,
I'm running Vista Ultimate. I am having problems with the Default DVD
player. I have a cd drive on "D" and a dvd/cd drive on "E" . I don't know
how it happened but Vista thinks that the CD drive is the Default. In XP
the dvd drive was Default. How to I get Vista to recognize my "E" drive as
Default? Sorry if this sounds confusing!

Thanks in advance,
Alice

Old November 14th 07, 06:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Robyn

I'm having problems as well running Vista Home Premium, but mine is set up as
DVD/CD Burner on drive D and CD Burner only on Drive E, only when I run a cd
on both drives they both work, but if I go to run a DVD with pictures I have
burnt to it, it takes long time to respond, and most of the time I get DVD
Drive is not responding and freezes up. However, when I put a game DVD in
the drive it does work. I have no idea what is wrong, all DVD's work,
including games, and my Vista DVD. All CD's work including those CD's that
have my pictures burnt to it. Why it takes long to respond. I have searched
and tried all solutions, from others that are having problems, and tried
those solutions.

Including even deleting the DVD from my registry, and then restarting my
computer and then it is back, and even went to update it with the firmware
from the manufacturer of my dvd samsung.

My DVD/CD Burner is SamSung DVD/CD Writer TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S162A Version
TS03 OEM Code TS. My DVD's that I use to burn my pictures or video's to are
a Dataware DVD +R if that matters. Hope someone can help so I can retrieve
my pictures from this dvd.

I feel that this is some kind of big problem with vista, recognizing DVD's
as it seems a lot of people have issues. But otherwise I do like Vista, and
will not give up on it for anything else. So please, anyone who can offer
advice about my issue only need reply. Those that tried to tell me something
else and has nothing nothing to do with my issue will be ignored.
Thanks,
--
Robyn