Old January 28th 07, 09:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Guest

Default Poll: Who likes Vista? Performance issues

I'm a fresh Windows Vista Ultimate user. Although I don't have a 1000$ PC,
Windows Vista is working just fine for me with all the Glass, Desktop
Compositioning and Media Center. It's quite fast on bootup, I can say maybe
faster than XP(maybe because of the ReadyBoost(1GB usb stick).
All the drivers were installed correctly and the first time I booted up
Windows Update downloaded latest versions.
Here's my configuration:
Athlon XP 2600+ 1.92Ghz
512MB of RAM in DualChanell
FSB166
40GB HDD 5.200RPM
DVD+-RW SAMSUNG
DVD/CD-RW
nForce 2 MCP
GeForce FX5200 with 128mb RAM
iPod+iTunes
Microsoft Wireless USB Keyboard + Mouse
Canon Bjc-1000 printer
and 17 inch flat CRT from Philips on 1152x864 at 75Hz
LG phone that sync with calendar and contacts(nice:-)
and Office 2003
The BIOS setting are very important: High performance on CPU interface and
Memory Timigs is a must!!!

I can't seem to find drivers from nVidia website for my nForce and GeForce.
If I manage to get some beta drivers I'm sure the performance will go up.
What about you?