Old January 28th 07, 10:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Vista Ready

Default Poll: Who likes Vista? Performance issues

stefan.neagu,

Thank you for sharing specific details regarding your hardware, it appears
that your machine is running at its best level, or very near.

It appears that you have Up Graded your BIOS, if not you might consider
performing, although, if it’s not broke, don’t repair ( Up Date BIOS).

If the MB will accept additional RAM, for your machine, 1.5 Gig RAM is the
sweet spot, and 2.0 Gig Ram will make considerable OS performance.

The Flash Media that you are using for ReadyBoost indeed makes an
improvement, although, you are below a combined 1.0 Gig RAM, and ReadyBoost
performs somewhat different from traditional RAM.

The drivers that you are seeking may never be located secondary to the MB,
regardless your machine appears to be running among the best, and better than
many.

Only one caution, approach third party software applications cautiously, and
use as few as possible, if any at all (you only described one within your
provided list).

It is not essential, although increasing the HDD capacity would greatly
enhance OS performance, frequently a 200 to 300 Gig HDD is advertised for
under $100 US, without a wish-and-hope rebate.

Congratulations for a job well done, in respect to your machine !

--
Life is Wonderful while using Vista solo !

Posting & Painting
"Painting, n.: The art of protecting flat surfaces from the weather, and
exposing them to the critic."

Ambrose Bierce
**********

" wrote:

I'm a fresh Windows Vista Ultimate user. Although I don't have a 1000$ PC,
Windows Vista is working just fine for me with all the Glass, Desktop
Compositioning and Media Center. It's quite fast on bootup, I can say maybe
faster than XP(maybe because of the ReadyBoost(1GB usb stick).
All the drivers were installed correctly and the first time I booted up
Windows Update downloaded latest versions.
Here's my configuration:
Athlon XP 2600+ 1.92Ghz
512MB of RAM in DualChanell
FSB166
40GB HDD 5.200RPM
DVD+-RW SAMSUNG
DVD/CD-RW
nForce 2 MCP
GeForce FX5200 with 128mb RAM
iPod+iTunes
Microsoft Wireless USB Keyboard + Mouse
Canon Bjc-1000 printer
and 17 inch flat CRT from Philips on 1152x864 at 75Hz
LG phone that sync with calendar and contacts(nice:-)
and Office 2003
The BIOS setting are very important: High performance on CPU interface and
Memory Timigs is a must!!!

I can't seem to find drivers from nVidia website for my nForce and GeForce.
If I manage to get some beta drivers I'm sure the performance will go up.
What about you?