Old August 2nd 09, 03:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Guest

Default Any body ever use duplicate file finder?

"Rose82" wrote in message

I had a problem with the duplicates. I was recommended Clone Remover to
solve this problem. I used it delete duplicate files ' duplicate music
finder' (http://www.fileutilityblog.com/archives/228). And now I have
only necessary files without duplicates of them.

--
Rose82

Does it also have a function for deleting duplicate newsgroups messages
stored by Windows Mail, and adjusting the database file to match
instead of just deleting the duplicate files? If so, I'd like to use it.

Even better, I'd like to be able to do the same when one file of an
apparant duplicate pair is missing or empty, and also when two
newsgroups messages have the same message ID and the same
message body contents (even if the headers of the two messages say I
downloaded them from different newsgroups providers).

It seems I need to finish some cleanup of this type in order to be able
to switch to Windows Live Mail without losing at least part of my
unusually large newsgroups messages database (hundreds of
thousands of messages).

Robert Miles