Old August 4th 09, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SomeoneX

Default Vista 64 Bit - Cannot Boot With 3 Hard Disks

Hello,

I have just installed Vista Ultimate 64 Bit (on my 500 GB Seagate hard
disk, the main hard disk).

Then, I added 2 more hard disks (a 1 TB Hitachi and another 500 GB
Seagate), so now I have 3 SATA hard disks installed.

However, Vista cannot start. Sometimes, it stuck on the boot screen
(the one with the scrolling green bar), sometimes it just show black
blank screen.

I then tried to disconnect, completely, the 2 hard disks I just
installed. Vista can boot properly, I can access my data from both hard
disks without problem.

When only the 1 TB Hitachi and the main hard disk are connected, Vista
can boot properly and I can access my data from both hard disks without
problem.

When only the other 500 GB Seagate and the main hard disk are
connected, Vista can boot properly, I can access my data from both hard
disks without problem.

However, if I connect the 3 hard disks at the same time, vista doesn't
want to boot. I already installed the SATA controller driver from the CD
that comes with the motherboard.

Also, Safe Mode doesn't help.

My system spec:
- Motherboard: Asus Striker Extreme
- Processor: Intel Core2Duo Dual Core 2.4 Ghz
- RAM: 4 GB (4x1 GB) DDR2
- Graphic Card: Nvidia 8800GTS, from ASUS
- 2 DVD Writers (LG and Sony), both IDE
- 1 Floppy Disk Drive

Please help me. I really need to connect them all because they all
contain data.

Thanks.

--
SomeoneX