Old January 28th 07, 04:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Ian M. Walker

Default CD burning hangs

I'm having the exact same issue and I have a new Samsung with completely up
to date firmware.

It "formats" the disk and then starts to copy, it gets slower and slower and
gets to the point of telling me it will take 22 days or something like that
and after it has sat there for some time not moving I usually give up and
have to reboot.

"Peter Meinl" wrote in message
The model id of the SATA version is PX-760SA.
As suggested I did upgrade to firmware 1.06.
Vista burning still hangs.

"Hugh Wyn Griffith" wrote in message
Have you upgrded the Firmware in your Plextor 760? I have the EIDE
model and it was on ver 1.04 whereas they are up to 1.06.

I didn't know they had a SATA version now. There's a very similar 755SA
but no 760 listed despite what it says below!

http://www.plextor.com/english/suppo...s/firm_760.htm

But 1.06 says:

Version 1.06

Date posted: January 2, 2007
Improvement in interchangeability when using SATA controller or
SATA/USB conversion chip.

and 1.05 says:

Version 1.05

Date posted: November 10, 2006
Improved writing quality on DVD media.
DVD-R DL 8x media is supported up to 8x writing
Improved writing quality on CD media.
DVD DL Stamp Disc is supported up to 16x read while Speed Read is ON.
Improved AUTOSTRATEGY function's performance.
Improved writing performance.
Added support for Windows Vista. (Testing was done with Vista RC2. Full
confirmed compatibility with Windows Vista cannot be guaranteed until
the OS is released.)

so it would be a good idea to check -- VISTA install did not recognize
my 760 until I did go from 1.04 to 1.06