Old January 29th 07, 01:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Default Which graphics card for Aero?

64 MB was the minimum before RC2 . AFAIK with RC2 and the RTM release the
minimum changed to 128.

"Robert Firth" wrote in message
Except 64mb is the minimum required. 128mb is the more the minimum
recommended. I could run it on my ATI mobility radeon x300 w/ 64mb of
memory, 512mb of system memory. Of course, I've upgraded system memory
since then, but Aero works fine on that configuration.

--
/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Robert Firth *

"JW" wrote in message
Aero only requires a graphics card with 128MB of memory. My onboard Intel
graphics chip with up to its max of 128MB of memory allocated works fine
with Aero. It did not work when I had onl 64MB allocated.

"CJM" wrote in message

"Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" wrote in
message ...
Look at any new graphics card.. 256mb is good..

Yeah, even a 256Mb X1300 or 7300 will be more than enough for Aero
Glass/Dvds