Old August 26th 09, 02:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
QueenofNight

Default i8042prt

Greetings,

I had the same problem. I followed up Carlos instructions and rebooted.
Now, the following happened. My keyboard has stoped working. I had to
use visual keyboard to be able to loging my pc. So, I went back to
regedit and changed back the value to what it was (1). I rebooted and
then the keyboard started working and windows started charging properly.
Both of my problems are now solved.

*Thanks Carlos.*

Carlos;347511 Wrote:
Jani:
This will involve editing the registry so do this at your own risk.
Please create a restore point just in case anything goes wrong.
Open the registry (Start, Run, Regedit ENTER)
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\i8042prt\
Look for the "Start" DWORD entry and change its value to 4.
Accept and exit.
Restart.
You should be Ok now.
Carlos