Old August 26th 09, 02:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Big Dave[_3_]

Default "HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

Well, almost a year later (now August 25, 2009) and HP or Microsoft
hasn't fixed the "HID DATA has stopped workiing" error. The only thing
that fixed it for me is the post by Hyosaboro below. It works and I
still have Quick Launch functionality.

I just bought a new HP DV6-1230US laptop, installed a new Bluetooth USB
adapter and then parred my Logitech Travel mouse and the problems began.
I tried the HP download site for new software and bios downloads and
even the HP update of the Quick Launch Buttons software which
successfully downloaded and installed, updating the files by about a
year on average...BUT IT DIDN"T FIX THE PROBLEM!

I also tried the MicroSoft updates also mentioned in this forum in
other posts but they were not applicable either.Well, good reading and
good advise here. Thanks to Hyosboro and others for their expert help!

Hyosaburo;3980436 Wrote:
I was having the same problem with my bluetooth microsoft wireless
notebook presenter mouse 8000.* The problem is created by an application
in the HP quick launch Buttons.* I removed the application from the
launch buttons.go to:C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch
Buttonsmove the following files to a backup folder on your
computer:HidActn.dllHiddataPushHid.dllThen restart you computer and you
should not have the errors and the other things on your laptop should
still be available.

--
Big Dave
Big Dave's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/128490.htm