Old September 3rd 09, 02:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
R. C. White

Default Coping whole HD's without cloning.

Hi, again, Kalbo.

Replying to myself to correct...

While Microsoft has deprecated it in favor of Robocop (which I've not yet

That's RoboCopy, not Robocop, of course! (Spell Checker changed it.)

And I might as well clarify this one while I'm at it:

I've often used the ancient Xcopy.exe to move whole partitions of files.

I meant whole partitions full of files.

I hope the rest of it makes sense.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

"R. C. White" wrote in message
Hi, Kalbo.

While Microsoft has deprecated it in favor of Robocop (which I've not yet
learned to use), I've often used the ancient Xcopy.exe to move whole
partitions of files. My current lineup is 4 SATA II HDDs; the first two
are standalones (200 GB and 1 TB) and the last two are identical 300 GB
Seagate Barracudas in a RAID 1 mirror. I'm running out of alphabet
letters for new volumes because I have so many beta installations, 2 DVD
burners, several USB drives and a card reader, etc.

SNIP