Old September 14th 09, 08:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Badger[_3_]

Default help with assistive settings in vista for a trackball

You might look around for the older Trackman Marble with the ball an the
left side.
My wife and I still use the same ones we bought 20 years ago.

"albert" wrote in message
I trust this is the group to ask -- if not, please do let me know where to
try next.

I have Windows XP, so I cannot answer this by examining my own machine.

I am teaching an 80+ year old to use her computer. The intellectual part
of the process she is quite good with, but has some fine motor problems in
controlling her mouse [so that to click or click and hold, or to move the
cursor around, she often ends up holding buttons too tightly, or
inadvertently pressing a button, or both left and right buttons, when
moving
the mouse --- and that results in all sorts of confused signals to the
operating system and programs, with all too frequent unanticipated
results].

I think a trackball would be much better for her.

Snip