Old September 16th 09, 11:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Chuck[_2_]

Default winows vista and direct3D help

You may need to install the last DX 9c "update". Seems that MS left
something out of Vista.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-442d8712d553

Caviats-- May or may not be the appropriate download for your version of
Vista-- May or may not solve your problem.
(An earlier version solved a bunch of similar problems on my HP laptop with
Vista Ultimate 32bit.)
Another remote possibility is that your video drivers need to be updated.

"lrwr14" wrote in message

I have just upgrade to vista from xp, and now none of my games work, i
used to have directx 9.c(i think) now i have 10, which i think is good.
i had windows service pack 2 now i hve windows service pack 1 and i no
longer have directx. when i try to play a game (from steam) it doesn't
load were as it did before, and when i load world of goo it says i am
missing direct3D, but i have no idea how to fix this.

Could someone help me please. thanks.

--
lrwr14