Old September 17th 09, 03:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
albert

Default help with assistive settings in vista for a trackball

Badger,

Thanks for your suggestion. As this goes along -- we are going to try out
an older trackball from a friend, to see if my student likes the idea. If
yes, then we will go hunting for the "right" trackball. Another possibility
I am now considering is a trackpad -- e.g., one of the ones made by Adesso.

Thanks again for the input.

albert

"Badger" wrote in message
You might look around for the older Trackman Marble with the ball an the
left side.
My wife and I still use the same ones we bought 20 years ago.

"albert" wrote in message
I trust this is the group to ask -- if not, please do let me know where
to try next.

I have Windows XP, so I cannot answer this by examining my own machine.

I am teaching an 80+ year old to use her computer. The intellectual
part
of the process she is quite good with, but has some fine motor problems
in
controlling her mouse [so that to click or click and hold, or to move the
cursor around, she often ends up holding buttons too tightly, or
inadvertently pressing a button, or both left and right buttons, when
moving
the mouse --- and that results in all sorts of confused signals to the
operating system and programs, with all too frequent unanticipated
results].

I think a trackball would be much better for her.

Snip