Old September 29th 09, 08:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Badger[_3_]

Default Unable to replace file with newer version

Can you delete the folder itself or do you have other files in it?

"Samkent" wrote in message

I just tried it. Same result. The file disappears from the directory as
you would expect. But once I copy the new file into the directory and
then run it, the login page shows it's the old version.

I just tried something else with strange results.
I'm in the right folder with the new file copied there.
If I run it the login page shows it's the old file.
If I change the file name by one letter then run it all is fine with
the new login page.
If I change the file name back to the right name it becomes the old
file.
I can change the name back and forth and the login page changes
old/new/old/new.

I'm not working with a short cut or anything. I am working with a
simple Access MDE file. I've been working with computers since the days
of DOS version 1 so I'm not a dufus when it comes to computers.

This one has me baffled.

--
Samkent