Old October 1st 09, 01:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
maushana

Default Non elevated user account can't connect to new ISP

Hi, I currently maintain 10+ computers for one of my cleints. Some of
the computers are offsite in different cities and some are local. A few
are using vista home premium 32bit and others win xp. I try and maintain
them remotely via LogMeIn. All users who access the machines are give
user level access. I setup an administrator account on each computer for
myself so I can perform admin stuff.

Recently one these offsite users decided to change their ISP provider.
Now they can't connect to the internet because Vista Home Prem 32bit is
asking for the admin login to setup the connection. I can't connect to
the computer remotely because there is no internet connection. This user
is about 2.5 hours away and I don't want to drive out there just to
setup his internet connection. Is there any way I can get this
connection setup without giving this user administrator access? Any help
is appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike

--