HP6180 Photsmart

Old November 24th 07, 10:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Jocko7

Default HP6180 Photsmart

Initially installed on Dell desktop running XP. Subsequently installed on
toshiba Laptop Satelliet P100. It worked fine, but every time the USB was
plugged in, it reloaded the software, and asked to register. On one occasion
the printer couldn't be found, and the printer folder showed no HP device.
The next time, the software was back. Recently it disappeared, never to be
seen again. I spent 3 hours live chat with HP techs, and we tried downloading
new softwart 3 times. Twice it said couldn't load, third time indicated
software loaded, but it is not. Finally HP had me download a Laser 990c,
which works, but we couldn't find the solution to the original problem. The
laptop knows the printer is there, but I think the printer drivers are either
hidden, or there is a download limitation. As I said the software was
note that the system identifies itself as 6180#13. Anybody else had a similar
experience?
Old November 25th 07, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

Did you download and use the VISTA softwa

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...c=en&cc=us&dlc
=en&product=1153494&lang=en

HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers

03-2007 080.001.225.000 - 159.05M

and also the updates and fixes like the one for stopping it
uninstalling?

Also when you installed the printer software did you do it with the
printer's USB cable not connected to the PC?

If you are using a PC that has been upgraded to VISTA it may be
worthwhile using the HP uninstaller utility on that page.