Old October 15th 09, 06:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Tim Walters[_2_]

Default Is Acronis Startup Recovery compatible with Vista Startup Repair?

"David B." wrote in message

This would be a question for Acronis or HP, but I suspect there would
indeed be a problem as HP also uses F11 to invoke their OEM recovery
option to boot from the OEM recovery partition, but I'm only guessing.

You guessed right. But Acronis (supposedly) allows changes to be made to the
setup. The procedure is to select the F11 button, then edit a particular
file in order to change F11 to F12. Unfortunately, after editing the
relevant file, when I try to save it, I get the message: "You don't have
permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator."

I am the administrator.

The file has the extension .cfg and I was trying to edit with Notepad.

How can I save my edited version? In fact, how can I give myself full
authority to change whatever I want?