Nvidia GeForce 7600 Not Working Properly

Old November 27th 07, 03:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Spoilt

Default Nvidia GeForce 7600 Not Working Properly

Unfortunetly I cannot upload the picture here but my card cannot open any 3D
application, not even Solitare, It will open and run the program but it
apears all choppy and has several lines all over the place, Its almost like
its trying to work but cant put all the peices together in the right order. I
have all the updated drivers and everything Installed, If you would like to
see a screen shot of what it is doing I would be glad to show you, hope
someone can help me because EVGA and Nvidia both failed.
--
Go Dawgs
Old November 27th 07, 05:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BigJim

did you plug in the power cable? I am not exactly sure what you are saying
in your post.
Did you have this card fail or is it the second one.

Old November 27th 07, 06:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Spoilt

Yeah, Its Installed Correctly, it even works, just 3D applications don't
work. They run but the display of them is choppy with lines and stuff. All
the drivers and everything are updated, so I dont know what the problem is.
--
Go Dawgs

Old November 27th 07, 10:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BigJim

without really seeing the output I can only guess and say the card is bad.
You can try making sure the card is seated properly in the slot. If you have
another machine or a friend
you can try the card in their machine to see if it really is a bad card.
Also check the monitor connect make sure it is tight. You could also try
booting with Linux, if you have it, from the cdrom or maybe a friend maybe
able to help you with that.