Old October 22nd 09, 08:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Ken Blake, MVP

Default Windows 7

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:56:19 GMT, "Brinner" u55655@uwe wrote:

Hi Ken I started with Winows Vista Home Premium. The upgrade was to Windows
7 Home Premium, I followed the text that came with the disk there were two of
these one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit which my computer is running on Vista.
That is 32 bit ...

Sorry, I'm getting lost in those last two sentences. But let me make
it clear that you can *not upgrade from a 32-bit version to a 64-bit
or vice versa. When you do an upgrade, you have to keep the "bitness"
the same.

I did a check to see if my computer was compatable and all is
o.k. I cannot remember the exact text but it said something like the file was
missing or corrupt I will try again tomorrow and I will make a note of what
it said thanks for your interest I hope to here from you again. Bryan

Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
I have tried to upgrade to Windows 7 but it failed to do so. The reason being
that a file x8007075 is missing can anyone tell me how I can get this file
back.

Please answer the following questions:

Exactly what edition of what version of Windows did you start with?

Exactly what version of Windows 7 did you try to upgrade to?

Exactly how did you try to do the upgrade?

What was the exact verbatim text of the error message you received?

Please Reply to the Newsgroup