Old October 22nd 09, 09:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Brinner via WindowsKB.com

Default Windows 7

Ken my system uses 32 bit of which I used the 32 bit disk sorry for the
confusion

Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
Hi Ken I started with Winows Vista Home Premium. The upgrade was to Windows
7 Home Premium, I followed the text that came with the disk there were two of
these one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit which my computer is running on Vista.
That is 32 bit ...

Sorry, I'm getting lost in those last two sentences. But let me make
it clear that you can *not upgrade from a 32-bit version to a 64-bit
or vice versa. When you do an upgrade, you have to keep the "bitness"
the same.

I did a check to see if my computer was compatable and all is
o.k. I cannot remember the exact text but it said something like the file was

[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]

What was the exact verbatim text of the error message you received?