Old November 6th 09, 09:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Octavio

Default "DT GWY" in my Startup Item

I have the following question, if this is not the Newsgroup to post it, can
you advise where I can post it?:

Today I noticed that after I got to my startup programs (thru msconfig) as
have as one of my items "DT GWY" and under the Manufacturer it says
"Unknown" and under Location it says
"HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Run"

I have Windows Vista Ultimate.

I Goggled the work DT GWY, and did not find any thing definitive of what it
really it, a reference or some to a Trojan, and just a lot of words that
would not mean much to a person who is not very familiar with these things,
like myself.

Can any one advise what this "DT GWY" is? I just unclicked its left box, so
it would not start when I restart the computer. If it is a bad Trojan or a
malware, how could I get rid of it?

I use Webrook Antispyware, but apparently it has not picked this thing yet
(Or it is not supposed to pick it?).

Thanks in advance.