Old November 26th 09, 06:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
CrucialHoax

Default Fastest DSL Connection Type?

DSL comes from a central office as stated above. Its limit is about 4
miles out from that central office, unless they have whats called an
remote terminal, which is a extender of service in simpler terms. So the
closer you are to those outputs, the greater the speed.

As far as getting the best connection in your home, sometimes WiFi is
faster than hardwiring it, it really depends on the set-up. With my
set-up I transfer files faster than copper with a bottom of the line
router. So really it all depends, but definitely stay away from a usb
connection. If your going to use a wired connection, use the ethernet
for sure.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions PM me, I'm
actually a DSL tech

--
CrucialHoax