Old December 4th 09, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Richard Urban

Default Vista Corrupted To Near Unusability -- No Recovery Disks

This was a sub-link of the original link I sent:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...cname=buh07342

Now, the fact that you live around the world does not tell which country you
are in, so why don't you see if you are included in the new link.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"Vista User" wrote in message
"Richard Urban" wrote in
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general:

The key that you recovered is for the version of Vista supplied by HP.
The key will not work with any retail version of Vista.

Guess you didn't go far enough into the HP web site for I found this
in a few seconds:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...0334&lc=en&dlc
=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3369393

Please re-read my post again. There was a reason that I was careful to
mention that I purchased my machine in the USA (and it was shipped to a
USA
location), but that after 28 months of ownership, I am now resident of a
country a half a world away.

The link you give is for ordering recovery CDs that are to be shipped to
USA or Canadian addresses, not outside of them.

If you find a link that ships U.S. English-language 32-bit Vista Home
Premium recovery CDs to addresses outside of the United States/Canada,
then
you will have truly found what I have not been able to find. If that
takes
you a "few seconds" as well, I'd like to know that too.