Old December 31st 09, 06:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
smlunatick

Default Vista SP2 - USB keyboard and mouse disconnect after waking fromsl

On Dec 25, 1:59*pm, Cyl3erunion wrote:
For me, I hate sleeps so I don't get this problem. Instead, my USB mouse
doesn't "connect" during boot-up.

I personally conclude that SP1/SP2 did something to how the USB is
activated/deactivated in Vista. For my case, because the USB detected no
signals from my mouse, it was "deactivated" and my mouse is not
installed / "connected". I have to unplug the USB and replug it in. My
solution is to move my mouse around during boot-up, before the
motherboard starts loading the OS, to make sure there are signals
running down the USB cable.

No problems with my USB keyboard.

--
Cyl3erunion

Motherboard drivers could help by installing / updating the USB / IRQ
drivers.

Also, a vast number of USB mouse drivers have been "posted" to cause
problems and the manufacturers are busy revising "most" drivers.