Old January 8th 10, 09:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
David H. Lipman

Default Cisco VPN Client - Connection Error Reason 412

From: "DaveKan"

| This tip did the trick for me, I am using windows 7, I went back and undid all the
| other things I tried and this one change (adding UseLegacyIKEPort) to the PCF file got
| it working.
| ----------------------

| Windows Vista Error 412
| When running under Windows Vista, you might encounter error 412: The remote peer is no
| longer responding.

| To work around this error, upgrade the local NAT device firmware. If this is not
| possible, switch to TCP. If switching to TCP is not possible, use the following keyword
| in the connection profile (*.pcf):

| UseLegacyIKEPort=1 -- DaveKan

TechArena.in is a leech of Usenet and fakes that it provides forums when they are
actually Usenet news groups and uses the vBulletin USENET gateway. In this case it is a
news group within the Microsoft.* hierarchy and can be directly accessed via the Microsoft
news server; MSNews.Microsoft.Com using a news client via TCP port 119.

Users of TechArena.in are strongly ENCOURAGED to drop the TechArena.in leech of
Usenet and access "this" News Group directly with the following News URL...

--
Dave