Windows - No Disk

Old December 5th 07, 04:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
harmonp

Default Windows - No Disk

I'm running Vista Ultimate. Recently, when installing a new program that
requires reading from more than one CD or DVD, when I remove the first disk
to put in the second disk, I get an error message: "Windows-No Disk,
Exception Processing Message", followed by 0xc0000013 Parameters 0x75A4023C
0x8AEB5E2C 0x75A4023C 0x75A4023C

I have the choice of "Cancel," "Try Again," or "Continue."

I can click on "Cancel" or "Continue" and after a couple of trys, the CD/DVD
drive goes ahead and runs and the installation continues. Everything works,
but this is an annoyance. Any suggestions on how to eliminate this error
message?

Old December 6th 07, 08:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
David B.[_2_]

You didn't understand my question. Does it do it when only trying to install
this one application or does it do it when trying to install ANY application
that has more than one disk.

--

----

Old December 26th 07, 08:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Shaken

harmonp,

"harmonp" wrote:

I get an error message: "Windows-No Disk,
Exception Processing Message", followed by 0xc0000013 Parameters 0x75A4023C
0x8AEB5E2C 0x75A4023C 0x75A4023C

This a problem with Vista!!!! When a program tests to see if media is
present and it's not this error will pop up every time. Just like in your
case. The guys at MS have just been ignoring this OS enhancement (i.e. flaw)
even though there have been zillions of complaints about it. You will just
always have to leave a disk in your dvd drive to avoid this problem.
Old January 12th 08, 04:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
harmonp

It happens with any application that requires more than one disk. According
to "Shaken's" response, this is a Vista error and just has to be lived with.
I can't imagine why Microsoft hasn't fixed this because I imagine that it
happens to maybe thousands of others.

Old January 12th 08, 04:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

I don't have any such problem installing programs with multiple cds, such as
MapPoint or Visual Studio. Shaken is incorrect. That is not to say that
there is not an error somewhere in your installation of Vista, but it is not
the expected result.

"David B." wrote:

Is it just one program or all that have multiple disks?

--

----
Crosspost, do not multipost