Old February 7th 10, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Default can't send emails

"Rocknrobn" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Here is my problem. Finally got Windows Live Mail to work fine. Yesterday
sent out one e-mail and got the following error message:

problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail", and read
the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service
provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'Unknown'.

Subject 'Fw:Turbo Tax- Instant $10 Savings - One Week Only!'
Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 5.5.0 missing or malformed local part
Server: 'smtp.comcast.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC79
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

I can still send and receive e-mails, but I cannot get rid of this error
message- every time I try and sync my mail, it comes up and I cannot
delete
it. Driving me crazy- any suggestions?

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

Port 25 is not recommended for that mail server. Change it to port 465
with SSL. The correct settings are documented he
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen

"Don Ameche" wrote in message

"Don Ameche" wrote:

problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read
the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail
service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was '. Subject
'6666', Account: 'Ameche', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol:
SMTP,
Server Response: '553 From address not verified - see
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/manage/sendfrom-07.html',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

.