Old February 9th 10, 04:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
jimb11

Default Network Connectivity Status Indicator

I used to get local access only about once a day but after I installed
avast 5 it happens all the time. I have tried alot of different fixes
that people have suggested on different forums but nothing works. I have
tried to ping these two addresses: 207.46.131.206 and 131.107.255.255
that have to do with the Network Connectivity Status Indicator but both
of them time out. Can someone try to ping these two addresses and see if
they time out for you? Could this maybe the problem causing the local
access only? The only other thing I can think of maybe causing this is
my at&t motorola 2210-02 dsl modem. Can anyone help me out here?

--
jimb11